Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Toronto Raptors Fanatics Biography #3

Hi Fanatic Blog Readers,

My name is Davida Gragor, and yes, I too am a FANATIC!

I’ll admit, back in the ‘90’s I was a Chicago fan. But how could you not? The Jordan, Pippen, Rodman trifecta was too strong NOT to be awed by their game play. I remember one year my grandmother got me a Rodman jersey for Christmas and I screamed so loud the whole family’s ears were ringing! :)

I guess my practice screaming for jersey’s has prepared me well for my time as a Fanatic – there’s nothing I have enjoyed more these past couple of months than cheering unabashed surrounded by fans just as crazy as me and who don’t care if I yell or jump up with each play. The Fanatics are an amazing bunch, cheering on an amazing team!

I have always had an overall love for basketball. I love the game, I love watching the game and I love playing the game! In school I played on my junior, middle school and high school teams. When Toronto got their own basketball team I was thrilled! I could finally watch NBA athlete’s and cheer for my HOME TOWN!
Me, Matt Devlin and Joel (@joelreilly/@rtzfans) at the ACC before a game!
I have been going to (and cheering at) Raptor games since their first seasons at the Skydome (it was still called that back then!). The stadium was so big and the hardwood always looked so small in the middle of it. Thankfully, my boyfriend has the same fanatic love of the game as I do and we have been getting season’s tickets for the last few years, but nothing has been like this year with the Fanatics!
Locker Room!!!!
One of my favourite experiences as a fan was getting to visit the Raptors locker room a couple years ago. The MLSE is great with their fans and that is an experience I’ll never forget!
I admit it, I heart Jose!
Entrance to the Raptors locker room!
Win or lose, I know my Fanatics will be there cheering the Raptors and I cant wait to see how the rest of this exciting season rolls out!

No comments:

Post a Comment